Saturday, October 26, 2013

One of many hats

There are many times in my life where I really crack myself up. Truly I am confident in my ability to deliver a line. The other day I had a funny via text message and thought I'd share the story. Let me start with a little background:

My family has helped in me so many ways throughout my life, it would be impossible to list all of them in just one blog post. One of the many ways has been through helping with my children. My sisters are so great to help in a pinch and have been such a blessing to me throughout times of need while I progress in my career.

Since we live just around the corner from my sister, Jayden and my nephews attend the same school and Lisa has been great to let Jayden come over in the early hours of the morning, stop by and check on my house when needed and often give him a ride to/from school. All while juggling her home business and 4 busy kids of her own. so so very thankful to her

Well since my location has changed recently and I haven't had quite the commute I've had over the last year, I'm able to take my OWN child to school! Shocking! In addition to help try to even the balance, I've offered to take her boys in the morning to help with some of her load.

One of the many things I love about my family is our ability to make each other laugh. We laugh, and laugh and then laugh some more. Most times this involves projectile of liquids from our mouths, urgency to urinate or spontaneous snorts. A grand time.

I sent a text to Lisa this morning to let her know I could take the kids and interjected some humor in the midst. It's even funnier when you know that Lisa raises birds and another story awhile ago when we heard someone refer to a young girl as 'baby bitch'. Ever since then I've given myself this nickname as it's only natural for the YOUNGEST sister to carry this title. Obviously.


 
 
I keep telling my family we should have a reality TV show. I'm sure it'd be a success!!

1 comment:

The Carnahan's said...

Love your sense of humor. I miss our daily conversations! At least I have your blog to read to get my fix ;) Glad things are going well with you! I'm so impressed with your new position at AFCU, you go girl! We need to do dinner soon!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.