Monday, January 21, 2013

Veto Make Up

I think not.

One of my favorite shows lately is Katie Couric. I watched a episode recently where they interviewed a woman who had given up make up and other cosmetics for one year and then wrote a book about it. Now, I'd like to write a book and would have the perfect title if I went without cosmetics for one year...the title would be

UGLY. By, Kimberli Green.

Overall on the show, they talked about how women have a false pretense of what beauty is. We get our ideals of beauty from magazines, movie stars and a world of photo shop. We see the pictures and I know at least for myself, I examine every part of the women in the pictures and on TV. The lines in their legs, muscles, definition of abs and the perfect tummy.

I agree with the idea that people really do put too much into what we look LIKE instead of who we ARE. I am guilty probably more than most. I connect my appearance so much with who I am. I do live on make up, hair products, my figure and my complexion. I am very hard on myself and would go as far to say that I don't ever measure up in my eyes. Just when I think I'm having a good hair day or outfit goes just right..I remember that little pudgy that sticks out from my belly, the lack of motivation to exercise and eat well, and to be in good shape etc.

Watching the show made me self conscious as I realize I AM the beast of the woman they are talking about. Putting too much into what we look like and spending thousand of dollars each year to achieve the look in the magazines. It caused some great reflection for me to really think about what I want and why. I want to look good and be in shape and take exercise daily.  Is it for me? For Cory? For others? I'm not sure I have the answers to that question yet.

As I mentioned before I'm working on a marathon this summer. I think everything happens for a reason and I'm so glad my friend thought of me to invite me to this run and give me that little push. This morning, I jumped on my elliptical for 10 minutes and did a bit of a workout session from pinterest that I found. I'm a little late for New Years resolution but I do have a goal in mind. I'd love to be in shape, have tone legs and get rid of that little pudge.

Day one - complete!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.