Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Marathon...WHAT?

My friend recently posted an opportunity to support the Race for Grief in June. I actually have pondered the thought of someday running in a full marathon. Realizing this means actual training, commitment and possibly not eating everything I see, has somewhat delayed this goal.

There was NO hesitation this time when given the chance to support one of my girlfriends. I now have less than 6 months to prepare and train for a 10k. I know this might be a baby marathon or race for some, but for me this is a huge step to an item on my bucket list.

Any advice or training programs from my running friends?

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Carnahan's said...

I'm so glad you are doing it! I haven't ran in over a year, so I'm starting out as well. I've heard to increase how much you run 10% each week. Just take it slow. You'll do great! Thanks friend for supporting me! Love ya!

Ashley :) said...

I don't know if you would consider me a running friend but...what helps me with running is going by the amount of time I run instead of the distance. So starting at 20 min for 2 days 25 mins for 2 to 3 days..and slowly increasing. It helps pace yourself and builds your endurance. :)

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.