Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Back that a$$ up!

Alright, so for those that know me, I'm not real shy about tooting my own horn. Which is in my DNA..I'm the youngest child and born on April Fool's Day which basically means I'm a rock star. Yes, really. 


Here are my facts....



BKRB reads the plates on my Harley. Stands for BIKER BITCH...or Biker Babe as far as the DMV is concerned.

MrsJekl reads the plates on my car. Stands for...I'm married to Mr. Hyde so stay the hell out of my way. Ü

Then today, another small miracle to show I really can do anything I put my mind too.

Cory is taking my nephew to buy an old car in Orem. He needed the trailer at my Dad's house to pick it up..because lets be real, Cory doesn't buy anything that runs. (Cory - if you're reading this...I LOVE YOU ♥) I offered to go and get the trailer for Cory since my Dad would be there and could hook it up for me. Piece of cake, right? Wrong.

Dad wasn't there. Hmmm..what to do, what to do. I thought to myself -  I pull a trailer fine, I can take the boat out with my girlies and survive. So how hard can it be to put a hitch on a truck, back it up, hook it up and tow it home by myself? I don't usually have a lot of fear of trying new things, and I've seen Cory do this a million times...I can do this.

First thing, I go and find some gloves. I mean, I may be a bad ass but I AM a lady. I don't play in grease. Once gloved, I back the truck up pretty close and it takes me a few times of backing up then checking, backing up then checking. Then tada! I did it :) Once I decided I've hooked everything I can, I make two calls. One to Dad and one to Cory, two reasons. #1- To make sure I did it right #2 - So they both EQUALLY can be impressed with my skills. Ü This is where it gets entertaining...I'm not real sure of the technical names of all the parts I've just connected, so here is the conversation and description that made both of the men in my life laugh....enjoy.


  • Ok, so I made sure the cranky thing was all the way up so the truck wouldn't hit it when I was backing it up. 
  • Then I got the hitch out of the garage and stuck it in the hole in the back of the truck. 
  • I put the big pin-ey thing through the hole and pulled the tab out so it wouldn't fall out. 
  • I backed the truck up and did the cranky thing down until it dropped on the ball. 
  • I pulled the tab and slide the shaft of the trailer over the ball thing. (Yes, I said shaft and ball in the same sentence. I may be 10 years old but they were the first words that came to mind.)
  • I cranked the cranky thing and pulled it up so it wasn't on the ground then pinned the cranky thing.
  • I plugged in the trailer brakes
  • I put the chains on the holes by the hitch under the truck
  • Last, I pulled the blocks from under the tires
SUCCESS! What I didn't tell them is after I hung up, I looked at my work. All by myself, standing in my parents drive way I did a dance. Like the kind of dance football players do after a touchdown and sang 

'Back that ass up, show me whatca workin with!' Who cares that it was in 100 degree weather, sweat dripping from all angles, hair a mess with plastic gloves on. I was a hot mess and proud of it!

If you're not convinced by now that I am a total bad ass...start back up at the top and repeat until you do. 


I mean, I proclaimed I'd have a manager job within a year of being an assistant and POOF! It happened! (Please note this is a very sarcastic remark made for specific people who may or may not read this blog. I hope they enjoyed it)

7 comments:

Melissa, Benton, and Cambree said...

Seriously, I wouldn't have even tried because I WOULD mess it up. Last week I truly struggled because I'm a little too clumsy, so I wouldn't trust myself one bit. So I agree you are one bad A!

You show those AFCU employees whose boss :) It's not like you worked hard and really wanted it or anything. I still want to come down and go to lunch with you. Maybe sometime next week or the week after?

The Green Family said...

Melissa...you are such a Bad A! I would love lunch, just let me know when ♥

Anonymous said...

Nice Kimmy!!! I have not doubt that you can do anything you put your mind to.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Am

Ashley :) said...

K what! You are amazing! Love you! I only wish someone would have filmed you doing your celebration jig...and your face as you were putting all those bobbers together :)

Heather said...

Hell yes you know it! VP in 6 months baby!!! haha oh goodness. I freaking love you and miss you so much! Thank you for giving our teller line a laugh today!

JeniandAustinHoffmann said...

haha Kimberli you kill me. I swear that's how all my comments start out. Loved every second of reading this. You are THE shi!!!!

Kallie said...

You are hilarious! I love reading your posts. Way to be independent!!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.