Monday, April 16, 2012

The Big 3-1

Well that 30th year went in a blink of an eye. I still struggle when I think of myself in my thirties, even as my twenties disappear further and further into the distance. I know I'm aging when...

  • I think news reporters are looking like my age? How is that possible?
  • I see a 'kid' driving and think, he can't be older than 12
  • My Junior High building is looking VERY old
  • Sleepless nights...I use to drop my head on a pillow and be out in seconds. Now, more times than not I'm tossing and turning. 
  • I have sun spots on my chest
  • My legs, back and arms ache after not much activity
  • Um..I dare say, SEX is always great...however..it keeps getting better with age. 
I'm enjoying my thirties, the boys are getting older and we're having fun together. Casey is just about potty trained. He still wears a pull up and nap and bed time. Almost out of the diaper stage for good! Jayden is finishing up Kindergarten and excited for summer and endless hours on his XBOX. I am feeling good about our progress on our yard this year. Yard work isn't my favorite and it always seems by the time I'm ready to give it a go, half the summer's gone and then what the hell is the point? So, we took advantage of a warm Easter weekend and got a head start on our yard. Big sigh of relief Ü We also cleaned out the two side of the garage, mopped and organized...makes me feel so good!

Cory took me for a wonderful night away for my birthday, we saw Hunger Games which I loved!! Headed down to Grand America, dinner at Flemings..YuM..and The Grand America's brunch on Sunday. We had such a great time, it was fun to dress up and go out on the town. Even with all the ups and downs that come with marriage, busy life with kids and work, mundane schedules..it's easy to forget why you fell in love in the first place. One of the many things that Cory and I have going for us is our ability to just get lost in each other. Flemings had a great romantic atmosphere, and the two glasses of wine didn't hurt either...we had fun laughing, enjoying each other's company and doing our best to keep our hands off each other in the restaurant. I hope we are always that couple that can't get enough..no matter where we're at. 

I'm looking forward to a fun weekend in Chicago with Laurie and a week in Sunny Florida with Cory, his mom and sister for Diane's birthday! 





No comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.