Thursday, November 17, 2011

Atlantis, Nassau


Day Five – Nassau, Bahamas

I could really take four or five posts to describe this day. I’m not ashamed to say I’m a vacation girl, I love to visit strange and faraway places. 

I have been here once before with Cory on a cruise and I hope to go there again and stay at Altantis. Nassau is beautiful, breath taking and an intriguing place and I’ve only seen a glimpse.

I’ll let my pictures be the guide for most of this post, but here are a few things to know. You could spend an entire week at this resort and still not see all there is to see. It takes 20 minutes just to walk from the main entrance to the actual water park. Along the way are aquariums, fountains, beach views and the most beautiful landscaping you've ever seen. They had the biggest sting ray's I have ever seen...they had to be at least 5 feet wide and are so fast!

We went through the lazy river, that puts all other lazy rivers to shame. It covers the entire length of the water park, has different turns and twists and actual rapids that you find yourself gripping onto the handles of your tube. You go up a conveyor belt..yes, the rich don't walk, they get taken up to the water slides via conveyor belt like a piece of luggage. The water was heated, so even though it was overcast most the day it was wonderfully warm. 

We had two horrendous down pours of rain, which came out of no where and was the heaviest rainstorms I've seen in a long time. Then as quick as it had started, it was gone with blue skies again. 

Laurie and I went on a few water slides together, most of the tube slides were in a big tower so you couldn't see what kind of slide your going down. I've decided this is a good and a bad thing. Basically, you're flinging yourself into a blue tube and hoping you make it out the other end! One of which was straight down and dumped you into a pool inside a cave. I pushed off and went straight down...I kept my eyes shut and plugged my nose, screaming all the way. Next thing I knew, I was under water and when I came to the top, all I could see when I opened my eyes, was an aquarium of fish so I thought there were fish in the pool with me and I starting screaming..all of which Laurie witnessed and thought was extremely hysterical...rude.

The boys had fun in the kiddie land, with endless mini water slides from one kiddie pool to the next, sea horse fountains and padded pools. We saw the twins once or twice in the lazy river and they had perma grins on their faces. Jayden and Harry kept content going on the same mini slides one thousand times and Casey was happy as long as Daddy was by his side. 

It was a GREAT day.


Do you see the arch between the two buildings? It is one suite, once you've been on a waiting list for 3 years it can be yours for the bargain price of $25,000.00 a night with a 5 night minimum! Michael Jackson was a frequent visitor. Yes, I put our name on the list ;)  


Some of the many pools, and falls around the resort. Full of colorful fish, sharks, turtles and sting rays. 


Jayden and Harry stopping just long enough to say CHEESE!


 One of the kiddie pools, you can see the slide to the top left from the upper pool to this area.


Daddy and Casey


Here is the tower where the slides take you through the shark tank. The steep slide up front drops you right into a tube inside the tank..I opted to NOT go down that. Inside the tower is a tube slide that takes you through the building then dumps you into the tube below, if you look close you can see the people inside and the shark on top! It was very neat and spooky. The glass wasn't very transparent so you're concentrating on finding the sharks in the water then all of a sudden he's on top of you! Yes, I screamed every time Ü


This is the top view looking down into the aquarium pictured above.  

Nassau, Bahamas 2011

I would recommend this place to ANYONE! It would take you at least one full week to see the entire water park, all the private beaches and shops that surround this amazing facility. This was by far, my favorite stop on the cruise. 

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

3 comments:

Rob'n'Mon said...

It's SO beautiful! Like a tropical paradise. Glad you had a great time! :)

The Green Family said...

Thanks Mon! Here I was so excited to share and NO ONE had left a comment :( I was thinking I was doing it justice with my pics!

Hope all is well in Sunny AZ :)

Kallie said...

Wow, that's all I have to say!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.