Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Swing for Mom

One thing is for certain about Cory, he loves to build! He is very talented and continuously amazes me. With his mom's 59th birthday coming up, he wanted to do something special. About 5 years ago, she saw this swing in Florida and has wanted it ever since. Here she is with the original in Florida.








So, without any measurements Cory did what he always does and went to work. With the help of his sisters and grandparents he was able to purchase the wood. Over Memorial weekend, this is what Cory spent his time doing!






Below is the finished project, I couldn't believe he did it in only 4 days. He just knew every piece and with several different saws was able to hand craft the most beautiful swing I've ever seen. I'm so so so proud to have this man as my husband and to see the excitement in his eyes as he got closer with each piece.



The next shot is all of his friends and family loading it onto the trailer to take to Mom's house the night before her birthday.



And here they are attempting to lift it over her gate. Caused Mom some stress with trees but thankfully it made it ok!





Here is the finished project.


1= I love my mother in law


2= I LOVE my husband!

2 comments:

JeniandAustinHoffmann said...

That is so awesome. You've got a talented husband. Is he making you one next??

The Green Family said...

Jeni...VERY good question. Ü

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.