Monday, April 11, 2011

I heard you kissin 'n' smackin!

Are you ready for another edition of 'I can't believe he said that?!' or we could call it 'Jaydenism's' or how about 'I can't believe she posted that!' Well, if we've learned one thing over the course of my three years blogging, there is pretty much nothing left unsaid.

Cory and I went out Saturday night and left the boys with my nephew Cole. You know, the twin my son can't live without!? We went and saw Arthur...which we both thought was funny, we went to Jasoh's on 25th street in Ogden which was not very good.

When we got home and put the kids to bed, Cory had been teasing with me all night about the things he was going to do to me when we got home. I know sometimes I don't always act like it, but I absolutley love how Cory is with me. Most days he acts like he can't keep his hands off me, which sometimes makes my face go red but I love that after all this time together, it still feels like the first time.

One thing lead to another, and when it was all said and done we were turning off the lights (yes ladies..lights ON!) Jayden came in the room and said he couldn't sleep. I put him back to bed and thought to myself..'I wonder if he heard or saw anything?' You never can be too sure with a 5 year old running around the house and when you have kids you really have to be creative sometimes to have that special mommy/daddy together time. I figured if he saw anything he would've said something so off to sleep I went.

The next morning, Cory was getting the kids some cereal and I had just made me a cup of Chai tea when Jayden says 'Hey Daaaaadddddyyyyy ( in a teasing voice) I heard you and mommy kissing and smackin each other last night!

Oh my..I about spit my Chai all over the microwave! I turned my face into the pantry trying not to laugh. Cory held it together for the team and calmly says 'Jayden, mommies and daddies are ALLOWED to kiss. We weren't smacking each other, we were wrestling!' Jayden seemed to be ok with this response and said 'ok.' Then Cory added 'If you don't start staying in your room at night, I'm going to start locking your door!'

I couldn't even look at Jayden throughout breakfast. Later, I told Cory, we weren't smacking each other were we?! He didn't seem to remember that either but either way it was not a good thing. I'm hoping Jayden doesn't decide to share this wonderful memory during school or any other in opportune time. I'm not sure what else to say to him.

Anyone have any great ideas to share on the subject?!

3 comments:

Kallie said...

Lock your door, can you imagine if my 13 year old walked in on that? It would be devastating, so we always lock our door at night. That way any wanderers can't get in at night either.

Actually knowing Jayden I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't share his story somewhere. Kids are great at embarrassing their parents.

Shauna said...

Oh my crap!! That is hilarious. I love reading your blog since we never get time to chat at work.

Maybe you need to turn the lights off in case he walks in on ya!

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! kissin and smackin...that's hilarious!!

You're right, the things these kids say...

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.