Thursday, April 14, 2011

Being a Mother = Not for the faint of heart...

Jayden went in today to have 2 crowns and 3 cavities filled. His appointment was at 10 am and he couldn't have anything to eat or drink before. We got there about 9:50 am and ended up waiting until 10:45 before he went back. For those mom's who've had a starving and dehydrated child this was NO fun. Here we are after the first 10 minutes, showing off our muscles because we're both going to be really strong for this big day (I should've taken the xanex) He we are 45 minutes later and the patience is wearing off. This is Jayden scowling at the receptionist who keeps talking about FOOD..I wanted to smack the shit out of her..I'm not gonna lie.

So they finally come out and have Jayden sit in my lap and look at a great box of toys. While he's picking them out, the anesthesiologist pulls out the weapon of choice (needle) and puts it into Jayden's arm. He of course starts screaming and crying and asking me why I didn't tell him they were going to do that :( I'm fairly certain he'll never look at toy shopping the same.

About 2 minutes after he gets this deer in the head lights look and slowly becomes dead weight in my arms. His eyes are open but no one is home. That was the spookiest thing I've ever seen, something is not right about seeing your child in this state. I kept rubbing his forehead and I whispered 'twinkle twinkle little star do you know how loved you are?'

The doctor took him back and said they'd be done in about an hour. Well, as I waited in the lobby I read a book I just bought 'Water for Elephants', let's just say I'm almost half way through the book just from today...LOVE IT!

Any-who...Jayden is finally done and this is how he looked.... After about 40 minutes of this, I sat and listened to his heart on the monitor and rubbed his forehead. He came to and was very confused and drunk like. He tried to stand up and was saying the funniest things, he slurred and eyes rolled back 'Momma, I gotta tell you the truf...I snuck a orange soda and drank the whole thing this morning!' Oh jeez, that's great I'm thinking through my laughter! Then he kept asking me when I was going to take the tape off his face (there wasn't any there) and finally he told me he had the 'dizzies'. He woke up enough to eat a Popsicle... He had a pretty good afternoon, he keeps complaining of a hurt tummy tonight and is pretty tearful. I'm hoping it gets better tomorrow when he's had a chance to eat some more. Casey stayed with the nanny during the whole thing and was happy at the end of the day because brother was ok and he got ICE CREAM!!! Needless to say, for taking the day off work....I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Rob'n'Mon said...

I saw your post on FB about him waking up and was really worried until I saw this post. I'm SO glad he's okay! Total bummer for the kiddo, though. Hope he got some ice cream, too...but brushed his teeth afterwards. ;)

Kallie said...

Wow, I just relived Kenley's experience a couple of years ago at the exact same dentist. It was one of the saddest things to see your child like that, but then kind of funny after. I remember Kenley kept saying how much she loved me.

Jayden's tummy probably hurt cause he drank the orange soda when he was suppose to. Oops!!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.