Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Naughty Bugs

Over the course of the last 5 years, my dearest Jayden has been giving many nicknames. One of those nicknames is Bug. This will come in handy for the rest of the story.

In usual Jayden fashion, he's been struggling behaving with the nanny. Last week was a particular hard week for many reasons, Jayden included. Monday night, I was laying in bed with him and I said,

'Bug, I really need you to be good tomorrow for Ariel.'

He seemed to ponder this for a bit and then said

'But what if I can't keep them in?'

Not quite sure what he was talking about, I took the bait and asked 'Keep what in?'

'My naughty bugs Mom. What if they sneak out?'

Laughing now, I tickle him and say 'How about you just keep those bugs inside you!'

He takes in a big sigh like he's pondering the ways of the world and finally says 'Ok, I'll try.'

Fast forward Tuesday night on my way home from work, I called Cory. Jayden had been ok, but was in timeout when he got home from work. So, Jayden gets on the phone.

'Hi Mom, one got out.'

I know there are a lot of things I need to be better at as a mother, but sometimes, even when he's being naughty, I love that little stink to pieces. Because for better, for worse and no matter what ~ He's Mine!

1 comment:

Amber said...

OK that was the cutest thing I have ever read!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.