Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Where are you Christmas?

Confession time.

As of late, I've been reading blogs and hearing from co-workers and friends about their family traditions well under way for Christmas this year. Some who spend every waking minute baking holiday treats, seeing the lights, donating to charity, how they feel the strong sense of Christ this Christmas. I've always been envious of people who seem to have it all together, you know who I'm talking about. The mom's who you imagine answer their doors with aprons on and the smell of apple pie in the background, with the whole 'Leave it Beaver' - June Cleaver thing going on.
Let's be honest. I work full time, have two boys, one of which is about to drive me the edge of insanity most days where I think I understand child abuse. It's like he's in competition for the 'I drove my mother to medication and alcohol t-shirt.' I have yet to find my Christmas spirit.

Take last week for example. Everyday...EVERY day we got a report of just how naughty he was. It didn't end with the babysitters, the behavior continued at home with Cory and I. So, with work and attempting to deal with spawn of satin, I made my attempt to buy the boys matching sweaters and head to Kiddie Kandids.
~B.I.G. mistake~
Not to worry, after my 40 minute wait they informed me it would take 3 weeks to get my cards, December 21st. But, I COULD buy the pictures c.d. for $250 to order them elsewhere. gee..thanks! During my 40 minute wait Jayden was his usual hyper self. Let's just say he had nail marks in his arm and I'm surprised Santa's elves at the mall didn't call social services for him as I drug him to the car.

I ended up in tears on the way home trying to figure out how to make my kid behave, order Christmas cards in time along with all the other stresses of Christmas. When we got home, we attempted to take home photos with my new camera that I have NO idea how to work. By then we all were in tears, me in frustration and Jayden from us scolding him for being naughty. Christmas cards...forget it, I've decided it's not worth the stress.
Other families are celebrating the joys of the holiday and I'm struggling to find time to discipline our kid. That doesn't really bring about the holiday spirit. I'm not sure I will ever be the June Cleaver like other mom's. I am going to Lauries on Saturday to make gingerbread houses, and crossing my fingers Jayden is well behaved so we don't end up leaving in a fit of rage.


Sorry to say, when you check into my blog you aren't reading of my serenity as I bake Christmas caramels, sing carols with my children as we sip apple cider and they tell me Christ is the reason for the season.

What you can read is that they are both still alive, Jayden got his first report of good behavior today. Casey's learning he is half spider monkey as you can see below and Jayden hasn't lost his sense of humor from all the time outs and soap in his mouth.


3 comments:

Kallie said...

Casey is starting to look so grown up :( You know where to reach me if you ever need someone who understands where your coming from. As I read your blog I just sit and think that is exactly Daxton. I have been stressed about what to do with him lately too. I hate even picking him up from preschool cause I don't want to hear what they have to say he did. Call me sometime!

szumitacrew said...

Confession: I haven't been on here FOREVER & a day.
1. Jayden was great Saturday,
they all have their moments, but he was really good Kim!
2. WE DON'T LIVE in June Cleaver(or whatever) era. Is it worth crying, NOPE. You want good memories?(answer is YES), if that means no xmas cards(which I have NOT EVER done) then so be it....kids with happy mom & dad comes first. I am more of a scrooge than you but we try to have 1 small thing(tradition)....bake cookies on christmas eve to decorate....of course the buy it cut it put it in the oven kind! I really think thats good enough....I don't want memories of how hellish it was cuz we HAD to do xmas cards! Its hellish enough already so HIT that 'easy button' and make it fun, even if its simple, its OK to be simple, lil' sista!!!LOVE YOU!!!!

Jill said...

Kim,
I would have taken your pictures for you and had a cd to you in a day or two. Plus I am really cheap. Ü

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.