Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Casey & Spidey Scooter
Santa's Goodies

Cory's Rubberband Gun

Casey's HD hat from Pa Harley & Ma Jo

Merry Christmas!
Another Christmas has come and gone! Even with the exciting birthday, Jayden still made out pretty great from Santa and the rest of his family. 7 DS games, sled, clothes, movies, books, pillow pet, hoover crafts, and more! Casey made out with a new spiderman scooter (his absolute favorite) Little People car set, clothes, pillow pets, puzzles and books.
'Santa' decided that Diane (Cory's mom) always spoils us to pieces and no one really does the same for her. We all went in and got her a T.V. for her bedroom but I wanted or I mean 'Santa' wanted to do more. One of my favorite things each Christmas growing up was my stocking. My Santa always found the best and funnest things to put in there. From make-up, candy, toys, socks, all kinds of things. It was so exciting seeing what was in there, sometimes pads and pens and fun little trinkets. So, I watched for things at the Hallmark and Wal-Mart and ended up having so much it spilled out of the stocking! Some items included lip gloss 'Kiss my Face', shower gloves, trouser socks, fuzzy socks, razors, gum, raisnets (her favorite), thong underwear Ü, Norah Roberts, Avatar DVD, funny straws, fake turtle, Aveno stress relief lotion and more. I don't know who was more excited, me to see her open it or her! At the end of the morning on our way to breakfast at Aunt Linda's, she hugged me and said 'Thank you so much, that was my first Christmas stocking. My parents never did those.' Then added 'If I leave my stocking here, will Santa fill it next year?' You betcha!
Cory finished off my 12 days of Christmas with this note 'On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 1 - Camera I already have 2- take pictures of my family!!'
It was a busy, fun filled day with family. After breakfast, we came back home for a rest before heading to my mom's for Christmas dinner. Cory left this morning for a week to Florida so we took some extra time while Jayden was playing his games and Casey was napping. Without giving too many details, I thoroughly enjoyed my husband that afternoon. Ü When you have kids and life is so busy, sometimes it's easy to forget how fun it is to date and just be into each other. I'm so lucky that I still get butterflies with my husband and we can still find that moment where it's like we're kissing for the first time. I can say that, because there was a brief moment in time where I was sure we'd lost it, I'll never take him for granted again.
I hope you enjoy the stories and pictures, and most important that you were able to spend the holidays with your loved ones. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.