Monday, November 15, 2010

Someone pass some sanity my way please?

This weekend has been rough. I'm fairly certain I won't be able to fit it all in this post, but I need the therapy of venting just a few.

Friday started out with a bang, Cory had the day off and Jayden started the morning with puking all over our bed. Cory spent the day washing the sheets and all of Jayden's things. He seemed to come around by the afternoon.

The good things that did come from the weekend is that Cory and I got TWO dates. Friday night with dinner and a movie and dinner again on Saturday on the way to the airport to pick up Laurie and James. Thanks Cole and Ethan!

Sunday was busy with the blessing of Cory's niece Maizey and a family breakfast. When we went to leave, Jayden had locked our keys in the car so that was a lovely adventure. I noticed Casey wasn't quite himself when we layed him down for his nap.

Later in the afternoon, I did something extremely difficult and scary. I can't really talk about it, but trust me when I say that something is on my mind and weighs heavy on my heart. When you love someone so much.... it hurts and all you want to do is help them and have them be happy and healthy it causes a domino effect of emotions.

That night, Casey started throwing up massive amounts about 6 pm. It kept going and going, until he would dry heave white foam. He went limp and lethargic with no color in his face. We headed up to Wee Care about 9 pm. They wanted to take blood to test his levels for dehydration. The only problem was, he was already so dehydrated they couldn't get any blood. We were sent to Davis ER, where we sat for 4 hours. Finally the lab tech attempted to draw blood from my baby. She swaddled him in a sheet and only one arm was out. She applied the turnakit, and proceeded to 'fish' for a vein in Casey's arm.

He screamed the entire time and cried, I started crying thinking I wish I could take his pain away and I couldn't. I finally yelled at the woman to STOP! If this wasn't going to work, why torture him? We waited for the ER doctor, meanwhile Casey threw up all the liquid I had given him into my lap. The ER nurse was nice enough to give me some hospital pajama's. They decided to give him some oral medicine for nausea. We waited for 20 minutes and when he kept it down, we left.

There wasn't really sleeping last night. He was starving, but I couldn't give him much on his stomach. When he did finally start sleeping, he went from 5 -8:30. Woke up with a crib full of diarrhea, Jayden thought he'd match the excitement with a encore performance and threw up again.

I spent the day stripping down the house and disinfecting everything I could. My legs ache from exhaustion and my patience is gone. My poor boys. I HATE this. I've got so much weighing on my double d's right now it's killing me.

To top it off, I started my period. Today.


Rob'n'Mon said...

Oh Kimberli! What a weekend from Hell! So sorry!

Amber said...

Oh Kimmy, I so wish I was there to help you with all this. Just know that I am praying for you and the boys knowing that you are doing everything you can to help them.

Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.