Monday, October 25, 2010

Dear Jayden...

So many times I hear of Mom's who don't have the chance to see their children grow up. Something happens that takes them away, for whatever reason their time ends short here on earth. I take for granted my time with you, and as we sit here watching cartoons while brother is sleeping, I wanted to write you this letter to let you know how much you mean to me

From the moment the nurse walked in and told me I was pregnant, I knew you were something special. Your daddy and I were so excited to be parents! You came into this world in a hurry and state of chaos and you've lived your life in that same state of mind since. Everything about you is perfect, you are so very handsome and have a smile that melts my heart. Things are always done on your time and you can't be rushed. Most of the time, I'm doing my best to keep up with you.

I love how smart you are and how you always want to know where, why, who and when. Always so curious and although it gets you into trouble most days makes you the wonderful person you are. I love watching you grow from my baby into a little man. You are so social just like your mommy and it's amazing to see you make friends and your love to be with people. I love our conversations and even when you ask me hard or silly questions I hope we always can talk about everything.

I love how when no one else is around, you become calm and like to snuggle in my lap or Dad's. It makes me smile when we're driving in the car and out of no where you tell me that you love me. I love how when you're happy, no matter where we're at you blow me a kiss and make the cutest face. I love when we snuggle at bedtime and we make up stories together about dragons that fly and how you train them to behave.

I love watching you with Casey and seeing how much he loves you. You're the only one who can make him giggle until he can't breathe. You are an awesome big brother and it makes me full of joy to see you taking care of Casey.

I love your giggles, your smiles, your boyish charm with all the cuts, bruises, smelly mysteries, surprise wrestle matches with Dad, non stop attitude. Most of all Jayden, I love you. You've made me a better person, stronger than I ever knew I could be and taught me unconditional love. Because there is nothing you could ever do or say that would make me stop loving you. I'll always be here for you, fighting for you, cheering you on and being amazed by you every single day.

I'm so proud to be your mother.

3 comments:

Kallie said...

sniff, sniff

Kallie said...

How sweet was that, you are a great mom! Even though he may not realize it fully now, he will someday. Especially after reading that letter.

Amber said...

That was beautiful, I know that Jayden will appreciate it when he is older. And when he is a teenager you will look back on this and remember the sweet guy he is.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.