Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Casey Lake

Mmmm....Cake
Ooohhh..Noisy presents!
Look at our BABY!!

We celebrated Casey's first birthday yesterday, it was a busy night! Cory did great and handled BBQ for 25 people Ü He got spoiled of course, which he deserved. We went camping over the weekend and he came down with a fever and ear infection..not a good way to start the big boy years.

We got him on antibiotics on Sunday, so he was feeling a little better. The hardest part of the day was explaining to Jayden why all these people weren't here for HIM. He stayed entertained for the most part playing with his cousins outside.
The second hardest (ok well the HARDEST) part of the day was reading Casey his card. Yes I got him a card. I whispered how proud I was to be his mother and how thankful I was for him in my life. He is the sweetest baby and he makes me want to be a better person. I got tearful because this was my last first birthday. My BABY is 1!
I'm so grateful for all of our family. It is so nice to have the ability to get both sides of the family together, we had a great time with a lot of laughs. When Cory and I went to bed that night, I leaned over and said 'We're lucky Babe.' Too bad he was already snoring from his marathon yard care and cooking skills!
Happy Birthday Casey Lake, you make our family complete. Never lose that contagious smile that melts your mother's heart.



2 comments:

Kallie said...

Happy Birthday cute boy!

I love the look on Jayden's face, I think he wanted the cupcake more than Casey. He didn't look like he knew what to do with it.

I love your baby too, thanks for sharing him with me 1 day a week.

Amber said...

Casey Lake, I love you so much! I am so glad your mom is good at putting up pictures of you so that I can see you grow. You are smiling every time I see you.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.