Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The World Around Me..

It seems like more and more these days, I'm hearing the people I care about stress about finances. Some are extremely close to me, family and friends. Others are the members I help at work each day.

As I listen to the worries about how to make ends meet, which bills to pay first the house or the car? How to get groceries on the table, even where the next paycheck will come from...it truly breaks my heart. If I had to put it into one word, that word would be:

H.E.L.P.L.E.S.S.

Cory and I aren't rich by any means and we'd be a lot richer if our need for nice and shiny things didn't take over our lives every now and again. We're blessed that we both have stable, good paying jobs. We've noticed our share of the economy. Cory used to bring home about 10-15 hours a week of overtime home each week and it's been just over a year since we've seen that. It's starting to pick up a bit. That sacrifice is no where near what others are going through.

I find myself day dreaming about winning the lottery. What it would feel like to lift that burden off those that I love. Maybe I would take them to dinner and present them with a check for enough to pay off every bill they have. Or maybe, I'd just tell the tellers at the credit union to payoff all their loans and put the rest into their savings and just let them be surprised. That would be a great day.

All I can do is be a shoulder to lean on and a listening ear for now. I hope that is enough. I hope these people can see that everything happens for a reason, I truly believe God doesn't give us more weight than he knows we can bear. That when all else fails and the world turns it's back on these people, I will ALWAYS be there.

1 comment:

Kallie said...

Thank you! I appreciate you just listening. I know you called that day, when I really just needed someone to talk to. You are a great friend.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.