Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Phantom Attacks.

It's been almost a week since school has been out and it's been so nice not having homework, although, I must say the strangest thing has been happening.

We're watching T.V. the other night and all of sudden I panicked, thinking 'I have to get my paper posted!' Then I breathe for a minute and realize, 'I don't have school anymore'. Saturday at work, I was pulling out of the parking lot and the same thing happened. It's like that same gut wrenching feeling like I don't have enough time to do everything or I'm forgetting something I have to do.

A few months ago at work, we watched the video of the guy who got trapped in southern Utah and had to amputate his own arm off to escape. (No, we don't amputate arms off at work) He talked about after healing that he would experience phantom arm pains. His brain was telling his body there was something still attached and send signals of pain to his head.

Now, I realize homework and the loss of body parts are extremely opposite on the ends of the spectrum but the idea itself is what I'm talking about. I think my brain and body are so used to functioning in high stress, a ton to do and not much time to do it in, I haven't quite figured out how to relax just yet.

We're still busy, we just finished t-ball last night and are getting ready for summer boating, camping trips, yard work and working full time. I just don't have to worry about school on top of that.

I think I will always operate under stress. I'm constantly rushing,

-To work each morning to make sure I'm not late
-Rush on lunch to run errands or shove food down my throat to get back to cover the branch
-Rushing to get those last minute loan app's in before closing
-Rush home from work to get the kids from babysitter
-Rush home from work to have enough time for dinner with the family before bedtime
-Rush to my nail appointments
-Rush to get Jayden to and from summer camp

Always in a hurry. Hopefully, after a few weeks of being out of school my body will learn to function with a little less stress and stop having phantom panic attacks.

What about YOU? What things do you stress about each day?

2 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh, I love your little analogy there. I'm sure I'll experience some "phantom pains" next week when I'm finally done with school for the summer!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my post! I see you and your family and it gives me hope!

Jaime said...

I love ya...relax just a little and enjoy life while you're right in the middle of it!!! You have everything you've always wanted and worked so hard for, so just enjoy it now!!! Love ya always and always, Kim!!!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.