Sunday, May 9, 2010

To my Mom.....

I'm not quite sure how you ever put up with me growing up. I lied, I yelled, I'm sure I said things I didn't mean. You were always the one who believed in me. Failure wasn't an option. You knew I could do it. Sitting on the front row of my band concerts, in the bleachers at Softball games and even next to me in the principals office when they told me I had to either go to class or drop out of school and then watching me accept my High School Diploma.

Even though I'm all grown up, you're still in the front row. In the hospital room through the birth of my sons, sitting in manager's meeting listening to me present. Holding my hand and wiping my tears when I realized life isn't always what you want it to be. Listening to me vent when I'm sure I can't make it another day with Jayden or working full time. Lifting my chin when I have no confidence left at all to make it that 100%. Helping me with the kids, the house and whatever I ask.

When all else fails in the world and in my life, I always know that I have you. Never a doubt, never a question. I can always come to your house and feel loved, welcome and accepted. You are so dedicated and an example in all that you do. I want you to know that you are simply the most amazing woman in the world.

I heard a quote today that reminded me of you

A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.

No one could ever replace you in my life or in my heart. Thank you for showing me what it truly means to be a mother, that at the end of the day I'm the only one my boys have to when everyone else has gone.

I love you Mom.





3 comments:

Amber said...

So sweet, I hope your mom get's the chance to read this!
I hope you had a great Mother's day!

Christina said...

This is absolutely beautiful. So glad I found you through SITS.

KC said...

I love your mom too! She was my favorite manager!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.