Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm a GrAdUaTe!!

Well, as of Saturday at 10am I officially walked across the stage to accept my Bachelor's degree. I really have 2 1/2 classes left my last night of class will be June 17th. We had a great day at the E-Center followed by lunch at Buca Di Peppo.


The boys played with my friend Jaimie and her kids. Jayden was going to come with us until he saw the horses at Jaimie's and he decided to stay and 'help with Casey!' This is before we left in the morning.Me and the proud PARENTS!There is no way I could've done this without Cory. I wrote him a card to open during the ceremony that said 'Watch me walk across the stage and know YOU are the reason I'm here!'

Can you see me?!

Lunch with all the family..CRAZY family!


Daddy & Danny (DeVito that is)

Next time you're at Buca in SLC, say HI to my friend who is 'hanging' right by the entry door! (Yes, this is an actual picture in the restaurant)

Graduation is so bittersweet. I always feel like there is something more ahead of me. As I sat during the ceremony I watched all the Master's graduates..thinking to myself only 12 classes away from that. It's been such a busy long two years, and I feel like I've sacrificed so much with my husband and kids. My goal was to reach my bachelor's before 30..CHECK. I think maybe I'll set my Master's before 40. I figure maybe take 6 months to a year and then start taking one to two classes at a time until I finish.

The keynote speaker asked every graduate who was a parent to please stand. As I stood, I had so much pride for myself and my boys. I really have worked so hard for this accomplishment. The speaker also said next to every graduate, there is a family member, spouse or someone who helped paved the way for success. This is so true. At that moment I turned towards Cory, across the sea of graduates and guest, our eyes met. He had this big, warm smile light up his face and it gave me butterflies. I'm so in love with this man. So in love.

Thank you for everyone who has helped me in someway. Whether it be proofreading my papers, helping me with the kids or even just listening to me whine. It's all been worth it. Although my goal was to finish with a 4.0 I managed to complete my classes with only 2 B's. The rest have been A's. 3.80 GPA..not too shabby!

6 comments:

Jani said...

Wow what a acomplishment! I am so proud of you and so jealous too. Great job!

Kallie said...

Way to go! I meant to text you yesterday to tell you congrats! That is awesome. You deserve a break from school for a while though.

The Jacobsen's said...

You are amazing! Congratulations, I am so excited for you and this great accomplishment in your life.

Taylor's mom said...

That's such a wonderful feeling! Good job.

Jaime said...

Great job, we are both proud of you!!! Now with your extra bucks you can take us out to dinner to celebrate. Love, Both Flinders'.

Fun On a Dime Lady said...

Congratulations on your graduation!

Stopping by from SITS

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.