Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm a ApRiL Fool!

Today is my birthday...April Fool's Day. 29 years ago today, I was in such a hurry to become a part of this world ~ my mother gave birth to me in the hospital hallway all natural! (Sorry Mom!)

I was born before ultra sounds (geez that sounds old) they told my mom the entire pregnancy it was a boy..with two girls already..they were excited. My name was going to be Casey. Well, surprise!!! I was a bright eyed little girl!

In honor of this occasion, I thought I would have a guest blogger. My Grandmother Lila. She passed away when I was eight. I miss having my grandma's in my life, I wish they could be here to see me with Cory and the boys. I'm lucky to have Cory's grandmother's to love and be with me. On my 27th birthday, my mom framed a journal entry from my grandmother on the day I was born. She was 27 when she had me. It is by far, the greatest gift she's ever given me. Here is what she said on April 1, 1981.

"Today, Joanna had her third child. We have been so excited yet concerned. She has carried this child so low the full time. She has felt very well, but these last two months have stretched some muscles and put a strain on her back that has worried me. It has been a different pregnancy for her. Her doctor has insisted all the time that the difference indicates a boy ~ heart beat, fetal sounds, everything. And we all hoped he was right.

But Joanna called about an hour after she entered the hospital to tell me and Lisa and Laurie that it was a 7lb 7 oz GIRL! So after 9 months of being a boy, a little girl entered this world and said "April Fool! I'm a girl." What is even more fun is that she is almost a red head, sandy gold, at least and Joanna is feeling fine. Which she should, for she had this little baby so fast they didn't have time to sedate her. They didn't even have time to get her into the delivery room, she delivered her third little daughter in the bed in the labor room." Lila Caldwell

Today was a good day. Cory brought me roses earlier this week, got to spend some time with the kids and get some errands done. We went to dinner to the 'pickle place' which is what Jayden named Chili's. More celebrating to come this week, I'll post some pictures later.

Here's to the last year of my twenties Ü

2 comments:

Becky Jo & George Ortiz said...

Kim, I just have to say, I love reading your blog! I just spent the last 2 hours just going through your entire blog. So, in light of that, I have now decided you should write a book about your wild and crazy adventures being a working mother!

The Jacobsen's said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope it was so great, we need to plan a day to meet in the middle for lunch!

Love ya,
Lindsey

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.