Thursday, March 18, 2010

LuCkY To Be.......yOu!!

Last night as I was taking my 57 questions of hell my exam, there was a knock on the door. When I answered, it was my neighbor Jill.

Jill lives right behind us and her daughter, Josie has been babysitting Jayden for the last 3 years. I'm pretty sure when it comes to neighbors they are the NICEST possible. Jill is very caring and sweet, even when we didn't know each other well, she's one of those people you could talk to like a therapist and not even know it. She was the first one over the fence when the Hill's lost their daughter.

Jill is so genuine and never judges. In fact, Jill along with the Hill's have given my husband new hope that not all Mormon's who aren't related to you are judgemental and look down on you. (We're the family that is doing yard work or working on cars when the entire neighborhood comes home from church) She supported me while I attempted to go back to church and supported me while I decided maybe it wasn't right for me right now.
Anyway, she brought me a cute little clover magnet with a note that said 'Lucky to Be...YOU!' It was a message from Marjorie Hinckley, and while although a majority of my readers are NOT religious, I thought the message was worth sharing no matter your faith:
"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable to us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are. ~ Marjorie Pay Hinkley
I'm not sure about you, but I know I have A LOT to learn when it comes to being content with I am.

Tell me what you think?! Can we be content with who we are and if so, ARE YOU???
C'mon, leave a comment instead of blog stalking surfing!!

5 comments:

Rebekah C said...

Stopping by from SITS!


I certainly think we can be but I think much of what needs to happen is that we need to let go of our preconceived notions about who we are suppose to be. We are bombarded with this subconscious image of what a woman *is* from the time we are born. I remember one day freaking out about something (I think it was my inability to keep a perfectly clean house all of the time...HAHAHA! I have three kids!) when my husband basically sat me down and told me to quit aiming for the sitcom and start living reality. And you know, I think he was right! We need to let go of the "ideal" image we have in the back of our heads and seek to appreciate the things that make us the unique individuals we are.

Jenn said...

I definitely think we can be content with ourselves! I think if we had a world with less judgement it would make it a lot easier!! I love that quote BTW!!

Jones' said...

If life continued just like it is right now, I would consider this to be heaven on earth. But things change and you have to adapt. I like to grow as a person and learn new things. I look forward to the change. Cory and I have talked a lot about this "economic downfall" and to be very honest, I think it is a good thing. It makes people really look at their lives. Hopefully it forces some to be content with what they have.

Jani said...

I LIKE THE QUOTE TOO!

Kallie said...

You know I have said this to you before, you will know when you are ready to go back to church. I am glad you have such a sweet neighbor.

I like the quote by Sister Hinkley, it goes along with what I am speaking on in church on Sunday. I might use it. Thanks!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.