Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I thought I'd lost him...

The last couple of days, (ok who am I kidding ~ the last 4 years), we've struggled with Jayden. Recently, he's having a hard time with being GOOD...at all. He's naughty at school, with the nanny, with Cory and I.

After a bad report from pre-school yesterday, we told him 'Jade, you're naughty today and you'll spend the rest of the day in your room.' He replies 'Ok, Mom'

So, we get a report from the nanny ~ NAUGHTY.

Cory leaves him in his room until I get home from work, we load the kids in the car and run an errand, he goes back into his room when we get home until dinner. While I'm holding Casey and getting the rice ready, Cory walks into the bedroom to change into his comfy's and I hear a loud CRASH from Jayden's room and then silence.

I go running with Casey in my arms, my heart starts beating faster because I still can't hear Jayden. I run into his room to find his TALL dresser tipped over by the bed and I can't see Jayden.

Heart beating faster, all of theses images of mom's that lose their kids in tragic events.

He's under the dresser

I scream..CORY CORY!!! and then I yell JAYDEN, JAYDEN!!

Casey is now screaming in my arms because I've scared him. I can hear Cory running down the hall.

I'm trying to lift up the dresser and drawers that are all fallen out. The whole time I'm thinking, he's knocked out, he can't breathe under there, oh please God, I can't lose my son.

All of sudden, Cory comes in and grabs Casey still screaming in my arms and that's when I see it.

Movement in the closet, blond hair. Jayden

He WAS IN THE C~L~O~S~E~T the whole time. Is it wrong that the moment I knew he was ok, I wanted to STRANGLE him and KISS him all at the same time?!

I was shaking so badly, I almost started to cry and throw up all at the same time. I've never been so terrified in my life.

There is no fear like that of a mother who's child is in danger.

My heart has almost gone back to normal beating. I'm pretty sure I was close to cardiac arrest at age 29.

Even though he is naughty 99.9% of the time, I love him.

I love him so much, and I thought I'd lost him.

7 comments:

Kallie said...

Oh my, another story I can totally relate to. Only Dax was in the bottom drawer when it fell over, which actually saved him from being crushed. No it is not wrong to want to strangle them and kiss them at the same time. I always tell people that Dax & I have a love/hate relationship.

Poor little Casey, he startles so easy. He cried the other day when Daxton screamed in the car.

Grand Pooba said...

WOW. You had my heart racing! What a relief!

Jones' said...

Heart racing, tears in my eyes, thank goodness he is ok! How did the dresser tip over?

The Green Family said...

Oh don't worry, he wanted his piggy bank off the top!

We put the dresser there one year ago and Cory told me, let me know when you've decided to put permantley and I'll anchor it to the wall....

Yes, mother of the year award goes to ME.

Brittany Ciara Sheets said...

Glad to hear he is safe! My little brother has pulled something like this before with my mother. I had never seen her give so many kisses in one day.

Hope you have a great day.

Brittany Ciara Sheets said...

I have an award waiting for you:
http://brittanyciara.blogspot.com/2010/03/random-ramblings-031110.html

szumitacrew said...

Ok, I am so glad he was ok AND then my thought is, thank heavens it happens to others, I don't feel like a horrid mother! Not to scare you or anything, but Kayli (so far) is the only one who did that.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.