Friday, March 12, 2010

Attention Readers: Please buckle your seat belts, keep your arms and legs in the ride at all time

~ It’s about to get REAL!

The last few weeks I’ve had several people ask me ‘How do you do it?’
Do what you ask?! Don’t worry, I wasn’t sure either.
Apparently I’ve given off the impression that I have things under control and I’m 100% organized Ü

My response to that is GOTCHA! I’m a MESS, WRECK, well I’m like most women out there.

But really, women, myself included like to hear from others how they manage this thing called life. Here is my reality.

We all know that I have a tight schedule, work 40 hours a week, full time school, and oh yeah I have two kids and a hubby at home…and let’s not forget ME!

In my mind, it’s all about juggling, prioritizing and sacrifices.

I work Tuesday – Friday 8:30 am – 6:30 pm, Saturdays 8:30-3:30 pm. During those days, my kids are split between my sister, nanny, a friend and the hubster. I get up EARLY (most days) have 10-15 minutes before Jayden gets up to drink a cup of coffee and catch up on face book and blogs. I get myself ready, while Jayden watches cartoons and then it’s his turn. I have the nanny come and get the kids on her days so I don’t have to drive them back and forth. Cory gets the kids around 4:30 pm and entertains them until I get home; we have dinner, bath time, bedtime and then mommy and daddy TV time (otherwise known as foreplay).

Saturdays, I usually spend time with the kids and ignore my dirty house. Occasionally, I’ll get most of my house work done on Saturdays so I can have ALL day Sunday to have family time and homework time. Cory is usually working a project for family or on trucks and Jayden loves to tag along so me and Casey get some one/one time.

I do school in between and all around whenever I can.

Mondays, I have all the kids Jayden, Harrison, Ally and Casey so it’s pre-school runs, lunch, naptime and then Laurie comes for her two. I usually can get some homework or laundry done while they nap. I do little things during the week to keep up on my housework. I split my cleaning every other week. One week I do a light cleaning and the next I do deep cleaning (scrub bathrooms, etc)

I’ve been asked how I find time to do things for myself…well ladies, I MAKE time. You’ve got to make it a priority at some point. It helps me feel refreshed, relaxed, a better mom and sexier for the hubster.

I get my nails done early before work, I will usually eat on the run to get a tan in on my lunch hour. Nothing feels better than being in a cocooned heater with SILENCE for 10 minutes. On the weeks I need my hair done, I do it early Saturday mornings on my way to work.

Of course, I wouldn’t be able to do all of this without CORY. He is amazing at helping and stepping up with the kids, especially since I’ve been in school. HE gives me the confidence I need so badly that I can do the things I’m doing.

Are there days when I struggle? YES. Am I exhausted most days? YES. Is it worth it? I sure hope so.YES.

I realize I’m an OVER ACHIEVER. I look back at my life and the years I wasted just BEING and not DOING. I want my boys to look at their mom as someone they respect and can be proud of. I never want to regret NOT doing something when I know I have the POTENTIAL to succeed. I love to push myself. It’s like a drug.

I go back and forth, some days I feel so guilty for not making more family time. I question if I should just quit work and be a stay at home mom to raise MY kids instead of everyone else. Other days, I’m pretty sure my boys are better off being raised by the village than just me.

I do know these things:
1- Come May 1st when I’m walking across the stage to get my Bachelor Degree and hopefully speaking at the commencement, I can hold my head high.
2- When I hold my kids, love them, kiss them, hug them and laugh with them ~ they know they have a mom who loves them and is so proud to call them mine.
3- I have a husband who is proud of me, loves me, WANTS me and we cherish the times (no matter how few they are some days) we have to be together.
4- I am respected at my job and can be counted on
5- I have a 3.76 GPA (damn you math classes)
6- I have a close circle of friends whom I admire, trust and respect
7- I AM BLESSED

So, I hope this gives you a glimpse into my life ~ whether you wanted it or not!

1 comment:

Brittany Ciara Sheets said...

Kimberli, I loved this post. I can relate, in a goofy teenager kinda way. :P I work 20 hour weeks and go to school from 8 to 12. My momma goes to school at night making me mini mom here at home. Thanks for sharing your story with us. May God continue to bless you and your family! :)

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.