Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Blog Exchange!

I particpated in a Valentine's Blog Exchange this year. The Domestic Dork set it up and paired you with bloggers in your area. The idea was to make or buy a Valentine's gift to send to your partner and then blog about it. My partner was Dreamer.
Well, about a week before Valentine's, Sara e-mailed and asked if we could meet to exchange the gifts since hers could break. She read my blog and recognized Jayden's school and it was only about a mile from her house! Well, between the two of us (ok mostly me) we missed eachother the first time, but ended up meeting on Valentine's Day!
I thought it was a great idea and really fun to meet Sara! Hopefully, we can stay in contact! I LOVED my gift, you put my creative skills to shame Ms. Dreamer! BTW - You are very photogenic and I'm not so I had to cheat and include a regular picture of myself!
Sara and Me! (Why do I look Chinese?)

She made a really cute candle holder and wrapped a delicious chocolate bar in a homemade wrapper!

I forgot to take a picture of what I made her, a big Valentine's Box with modge podge vinyl and pictures all over it with some treats on the inside!
P.S. This is what I look like on a good day Sara...sorry couldn't resist!
(Yes, I'm so vain and I do think this blog is about me!)

3 comments:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I absolutely love hearing about bloggers who ended up being close enough to meet in person! I think that is so fun!

That candle is very sweet! Did you use it on your table for Valentine's Day dinner? :)

Dreamer said...

You are so funny! You look great in that picture, both of them! This was so fun. I thought your box was adorable, thank you so much!

Kim @ seven thirty three said...

I think you both got terrific gifts! :)

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.