Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trucker Green

Being back in the branches, I've found there is never a dull day. Not that Training was boring by any means, especially with my co-workers Ü

Helping the public, you never know what you're going to get. Well, in this case, it's me that fits into the special category.

I get a call from a member wanting a manager, I answer and start asking some questions. There is no response on the other line, so I say 'Hello?'

The lady responds 'This is Utah Relay, operator 1234'

I used to get these calls often in collections and the call center, so I was familiar with them. Apparently, the member was deaf and this is a system they use to place calls. You speak to the operator and they type the words for the member to read.

I continue my response and when I'm finished I'm not sure if she knows I'm done. Before I realize what's coming out of my mouth I say 'OVER'!

What the?! Did I think I was talking on a freaking walkie talkie?? By now, the girls are laughing at me and I'm pretty sure the relay operator had me on mute why she is hysterical.

Who the hell says 'over'?! That would be me...Trucker Green.

3 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Bahahaha! Oh man, that was awesome.

Over.

Jani said...

Love it!!! (ha ha)

Jaime said...

Holy shit!!!! I love you...OVER!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.