Friday, January 22, 2010

Ode to ShOrT StAcK...

I was stopping by another blog 'My Life as I Know It' sponsored by SITS . I joined SITS about three weeks ago and it’s a group of women who support each other’s blog’s by leaving comments. If you have time, take a peek…it’s sooooo worth it.

Any-whoo! One of the posts by this lovely lady was a tribute to her BFF. They have a long distance relationship but remain close through the years. Well, this inspired me to spotlight one of my very good friends…

Kallie

I met Kallie 8 years ago when I started my very first day at Pro Pac Labs, Inc. I’ve loved her since that first day! Here are some reasons why ‘short stack’ is my very special friend.
· Odd's are stacked in our FAVOR!
She is at least 2 feet shorter than me…someone that short can’t help but be CUTE! Hence the name...short stack! Seriously though, I feel like a giant next to her…especially with heels on.
· Good ol' fashion..ENVY
She is a WONDERFUL mother…two girls and one boy to call her mom. Anytime I talk to her, she is doing something special for her kids. (Her and the hubby just finished a room for her oldest as a surprise for Christmas!)
· Ties that Bind
She is super close to her mom, just like me
· Empathy
Any situation I’m going through, she’s been through it and has advice
· Moments of Hysteria
Her laugh is infectious…we had so much fun working together..oh the jokes we shared back and forth on IM! (One word…EPCOT CENTER)
· DoUbLe tRoUbLe
Our sons were born within 3 months of each other and are equally as naughty.
· Forgiveness

We’ve been through so much and she still loves me. Probably the two that top the charts are:
~ I laid her off
~ My son got her son kicked out of pre-school
· Devotion

She was there for me when I went through the absolute worst years of my first marriage, and was there when I got divorced.
· Bliss

She was the first one I called when Cory asked me out on our first date, one of the first to know we got engaged, attended our wedding ceremony and one of the first to know about both of my pregnancies.
· Embarrassment

When I rode my Harley to her house for the first time and dumped it in her driveway in front of all of her neighbors, she didn’t make fun of me. (Well not too much at least)
· Lost Control

She was in the car with me when I made eye contact with the most pitiful excuse for a woman there is.
· Support

When I needed someone to help me with the kids on Fridays with my new job, she jumped right on board with no questions asked.
· Trust

I trust her with anything
· Connections

We can go without speaking for more than a month and pick right up from where we started.

Bottom line, when it comes to friends she is the crème of the crop! Thank you Kallie for all the laughs, helping me through the tears and just being you. You are a very special woman, mother, wife and friend and I’m a better person just for knowing you. If you have someone special in your life…don’t waste a chance to tell them what they mean to you!

6 comments:

Kallie said...

Your awesome! I don't really know what to say other than dido!

Okay, and on the incident when you dumped your motorcycle. I didn't make fun of you then, but I have teased you a ton of times since.

Oh, and I was never mad at you for laying me off or Dax getting kicked out of daycare. Neither of those were your fault.

I wish we still worked together, because with our busy lives we don't get together as much as we should. Yet, we live within a mile of each other.

Thanks for being such a good friend to me. I love you!!

allycupe said...

Awww....that is so sweet! Glad I could serve as some inspiration!

Grand Pooba said...

You are so lucky, good friends don't come along that often!

Anali said...

Wow! Kallie is awesome! And even cooler that after reading such wonderful things about her in your post, she commented. So she also is supportive of your blog. You two have a great friendship.

Enjoy your weekend! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! ; )

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Lucky you, friends like that aren't easy to find!

Stopping by from SITS to say hello.

“Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest”

Life with Kaishon said...

I am stopping over from SITS today. So nice to meet you. Welcome!

Your friend sounds wonderful. I am so thankful for my best friends. I just wouldn't be the same without them! They help me so much!

Really lovely post!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.