Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breaking Up is Hard To Do...

Last week I officially accepted a new job...Assistant Manager at the Harrison branch of AFCU. I'm so excited, maybe nervous, well maybe both. I'm working on my 4th year in Corporate Training and I LOVE to train.

My favorite topics are Crucial Conversations/Crucial Confrontations. I've been a certified trainer of both and was introduced to the content about 3 years ago. I don't care who you are, these two trainings are a MUST. If you don't attend the training, then at least read the book. Your task after reading, to let me know if it makes any kind of an impact on you.

I think the part I love most about training is helping someone to improve. The great thing about it is ~ while I'm helping them improve, I'm learning at the same time..do you see the greatness of the cycle yet?! So, even though I'm closing the chapter in the training department I hope to open another and continue to serve others, influence and support my team.
Ever since I began at AFCU in 1998 give or take a few years of sebatacle at other companies, my goal has always been to be in management. I really feel like I'm finally progressing towards that goal. I'm excited to prove to myself and to others that not only can I be an assistant, but I'll be A DAMN GOOD assistant manager!

So, I have two weeks left in Corporate Training. Have you ever noticed that once you give notice to a job, it's almost like a prolonged break up? You tell your boss your leaving, which is kind of like rejection. Then you spend time explaining how it's not them, it's you. All of the people who work around you either ask a lot of questions about why you're leaving, act excited or don't really say anything at all. You don't start any new projects, you basically are getting things cleaned up for the next person to take over. It's like a bizarre limbo stage. The whole time...the excitement for the new job grows.

So ~ raise your glasses with me, here's to new beginnings, a fresh start and so much more to learn!

One job I'll NEVER give notice (ok, so I'm sure I've threatened but never followed through) is MOM! No matter what happens at work, good bad or ugly...I get to come home the best 3 men ever! And yes ladies...these cheeks are ALL MINE!!!


9 comments:

MONICA-LnP said...

Congrats on your new position!
stopping by from SITs

gina said...

Congratulations- sounds like an exciting move- I like fresh, new activites! And getting paid for them must be even better. ;)

Mary K Brennan said...

Congratulations on your new position. Sounds like great things will be coming your way.

Jones' said...

YAY! Kimberli, that is great! I am glad you getting to follow a change that will lead to your goals. Harrison is lucky to be getting you. Cheers!

Grand Pooba said...

Way to go on the new job! It's always fun to start something new, change is a good thing!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the new job! That is very exciting.
Stopped by from SITS.

allycupe said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day, I greatly appreciate it, and now I'm here to spread the comment-love!

Congrats on the new position!

"And so our stories go..." said...

Good luck with the new job. It sounds interesting.
Mary

Kallie said...

You will do great, I have always looked up to you in a professional way. You just have that in you naturally. Before you know it you will be a manager.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.