Friday, November 27, 2009

ThAnKsGiViNg!!

My little 'turkey' had a long day! (Ok, both of them did but only Casey was napping!)
Watching Football

Kid Table (Notice how thrilled Ethan was I took his picture!)

My First Thanksgiving setting

My mom doing weird things to the Turkey
(She was giving me cooking lessons)

My little Indian
This year we decided to have my family over to my house for Thanksgiving. This is the first year I've ever hosted and let me tell you...WHEW! It's tiring Ü Even with my mom and sisters helping with dishes, by the time the house was clean, set up was done and making sure everything was cooked in the right order..oh my goodness!
Before I said anything else...Mom, I'm so grateful for all the Thanksgivings you have hosted and you never complain. You are always so happy to feed everyone, even when you're working so hard you work up a sweat there is always a smile on your face. I'm so lucky to have you here to teach me. Grandma must be so proud she raised her daughter to be such a wonderful MOTHER. I love you.
Everything went pretty well, my potatoes were a little too thick and I put too much vanilla in the heavy whipping cream. (Don't worry, Laurie got a good laugh at me like always Ü)
The kids were all hyper as usual, but seemed to have a lot to keep them occupied. You know the family is getting old when the past time after dinner is taking all the guy's blood pressure, the results are Cory wouldn't participate, Jason has the highest, my Dad's is on the mend and James is so laid back he barely has a heart beat!
By the end of the night, I was BEAT! Casey didn't like all the commotion with the kids so he really wouldn't take his bottle. Which resulted in a LONG night of screaming baby...my legs hurt so bad from taking the stairs 100 times yesterday, it was all I could do to rock him.
All in all, it was a great day. Here are some things I'm grateful for.
*My wonderful Husband, who from day one has taken my breath away. He is so supportive with my schooling, busy work schedule and all my crazy antics. At the end of the day, he truly is my Best Friend and there hasn't been one day go by for the last almost 6 years we haven't talked to each other.
*My boys, they amaze everyday as they grow and learn. I never knew I could love two little kids as much as I love these two. I'm so grateful that I was given the opportunity to love them, guide them and learn from them.
*My sisters, Mom and Dad. They are so fun to be with, so supportive and there is no way I would be where I'm at today without them.
*Friends, it is so comforting to know that I have such great friends. I have friends that even though I don't see them everyday, they are always there. Life has a funny way of weeding out the true friends from the rest. I'm grateful for everyone who has crossed my path, for a minute, a while or a lifetime.
*For my Heavenly Father who knows me and is always with me. That I feel the spirit guiding me and loving me unconditionally.
*There are so many other things I'm sure I haven't mentioned. With little sleep and a headache to match, doesn't make a great mind set to blog.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.