Sunday, October 11, 2009

Casey's Blessing

Casey and his grandma's
Jayden and Carter 'jumpin around!'
Man of the hour

Me and the boys

My 3 Handsome Men


Today we had Casey blessed. Cory's uncle Bob and his family came up from St. George to bless Casey for us, he also blessed Jayden. It was so surreal putting Casey into the same blessing outfit that Jayden wore. I found myself asking 'Did Jayden really fit into this only 4 short years ago??' Time flies by so fast.
We had Casey blessed in Laurie's ward. I don't know very many people in mine, so I thought it would be nice to do it in a ward where Laurie knows everyone and she helped me set it up with her bishop. She is always so quick to help, I don't know what I'd do without her. I love you Laurie!
After the blessing we had everyone over for Cafe Rio sweet pork burritos (YUM!) I have such a great family and in-laws, get together's are so much fun! My mom, Cory's mom, and my sister did so much to help me, it was wonderful. Cory's grandma even brought peach cobbler! (Of course I don't eat fruit, but everyone else enjoyed!)
Most of you know that I'm not active in the church, I am a member but haven't gone since my junior high years. I've been having this strong feeling for the last 6 months or so that I want to go back to church. I have some reservations and have been praying about it. (Yes, I do pray) I've talked with Cory and Laurie about it some. Obviously, the feelings haven't gotten me to church yet, but they are hard to ignore. During conference weekend I tuned in for a bit and the first thing I hear is the choir singing 'Choose the Right', seriously does it get any clearer??! I do and have always had a testimony of the church and know that my Heavenly Father loves me. I do feel that I have a special relationship with him and that even though I'm not active, he is there to watch over me and listen.
I've decided to take it a day at a time and that when the time is right I will know it. I do want my boys to have exposure to the gospel so that when the time comes they can make the decision on their own of what is best for them. At least for them to know that their Heavenly Father loves them.
Today was special and I felt the spirit strongly with Casey in my arms today. I wanted a girl so badly, and know as I look back over the last almost 3 months with Casey, I know that Heavenly Father had a different plan in mind and sent me this special child to love and raise. Everyone was always so drawn to Jayden from the moment he was born and I've felt like things have been different with Casey. I feel a strong urge to protect him and support him and to help the world see how wonderful he is.
Sorry for the long post, it feels nice to talk or 'blog' about it...so therapeutic!! I hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks to everyone who was with us today in person or spirit. We are truly a blessed family.

4 comments:

Taylor's mom said...

You are so cute and such a fun mom! I'm so sorry we could not make the blessing. Taylor had some major trauma this morning by grabing the flat iron. She's never done that before!
Your testimony shows through your words. One of the hardest things I ever did was go back to the ward I grew up in and to face those who knew me for years and come to terms with why I hadn't been there for so many years. The BEST part about having to do that was the comments of "welcome back" not "where have you been". I hope you get that too because it's the best feeling and encouraging when you're walking on shaky ground and feelings to begin with.
Let me know if you need anything. Family is wonderful but sometimes friends are what you need too.

Jones' said...

That's all any of us can do is to take things one day at a time. Casey is so cute all in white. Very nice that you were able to use the same blessing outfit!

Jani said...

Funny you say how you feel you have to stick up or protect Casey. When I first had Kolt (my 2nd boy) I felt the exact same way. I felt that people thought two boys was just not good enough. Seems like no one appreciates two boys and was always asking me if we were going to try for a girl? Now looking back I feel soooo blessed to have two boys and really I would not want it any other way. I'm not saying it didn't take me several years getting over the fact that I would never have a little girl. The way I look at it is, There is always grandkids! Then I can send them home when all the drama comes!! Your boys are darling and don't let anyone get you down :O)

Kallie said...

You guys have a great family to support you. I thought it was a very neat blessing. I do believe you will know when it is the right time to go back to church. I look back on our situation, and know we went back at just the right time in our lives. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.