Monday, July 20, 2009

Casey Update

At our last doc appointment, I'm dilated to a 2 and started to thin so things are moving right along. We are scheduled to be induced on Sunday, July 26th so only 6 more days to go! I'm nervous and excited and everything in between.
I think we have help with Jayden organized for the delivery date and we've decided to take this one a bit easier than the first. There were so many people with Jayden, our last visitor didn't leave until almost midnight! So, we are having immediate family come up after we've moved into the post-partum room and then plan on extended family and friends after we get home. It's hard because you don't want to disappoint anyone, but at the same time - so exhausting after delivery. I also want to make sure we give Jayden time to meet his new brother and spend time as a family getting adjusted.
With my hectic schedule I keep, work full time + school and Jayden, Dr. Hurst told me it wouldn't be a bad idea to use the last week to relax. So I'm officially off work, which is nice and hard. I have a very hard time being at home and not doing chores..so after getting the house ready for the shower I've mellowed a bit and taken some time with Jayden.
This morning Jayden crawled in bed with me and we slept in until 9:30 followed by eggs and pankey's (pancakes). We went with Grandma Jo to get a new car seat and then Jayden and I caught the afternoon showing of UP.
I think it'll be good to use these last days of just one child to spend some missed time with Jayden and get the last of baby items in order.
We'll keep everyone posted, but Sunday should be the BIG day!

1 comment:

Kallie said...

Wow, having some time off work = updating the blog! I am excited for your little boy to be born. I will call and check on you next week.

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.