Friday, February 27, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...

**Warning explicit language**

We are in the middle of potty training Jayden, which hasn't been the greatest experience but we are making real progress especially compared to last time. He's actually telling us when he needs to go so we'll see.

The other night Jayden said he had to go potty, so he's sitting on the potty attempting to do #2. He sighs and says
"Mommy, it come out in minute"
"That's ok Jayden, we'll just wait"
I'm sitting on the edge of the bathtub waiting, and Jayden apparently was tired from pushing laid his head down on my lap still sitting on the potty. All of a sudden he sits up and with an inquisitive look on his face asks
"Mommy, my brother in your pee-pee?"
Of course, I'm in total shock and not sure what to say so this is what I came up with.
"No, babe he is in my belly"
Now he really has a look on his face, complete with eyebrows down and all. Looks at his belly and asks
"Like poop in my belly??"
Laughing now, I say
"Kind of, why don't we finish going potty so we can go to bed!"

I'm thinking he's to the age where he will have to have these discussions with Daddy instead of Mommy!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

LMAO...that is funny!! Smart kid you got there!! :)

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.