Monday, January 12, 2009

Seriously...Gross

So, Sunday Cory is downstairs in the basement and says 'Can you smell that? It smells like S*#$!' Well most of you know how he feels about my dogs so I just shrugged it off because I couldn't smell anything at the time. So, he continues to smell around and opens the utility room and all he says is 'Oh my God!' The stench was awful and I thought for sure by the blood on the floor that something large had died...no, our deep freezer had gone kaput! All of our meat, steaks, roasts and extra groceries were ruined! There was so much meat that the blood from it leaked onto the floor...the smell was awful. It had to have been at least a week with that rotting meat in there. The picture is after Cory cleaned most of it up, the worst of it was as soon as he opened the door it fumigated the entire basement :( We estimated about $400 worth of food in the garbage can. Needless to say, if you have freezers for storage, make a weekly habit of checking in ;)

2 comments:

shadnmorgan said...

Oh I am sorry... that is awful!! I can't imagine how it smelt.

Melissa, Benton, and Roxy said...

That's so terrible! It's kind of funny but not at the same time. Poor Cory for cleaning it up!!!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.