Sunday, November 16, 2008

I got told....

We are just settling in for a little 'mommy & daddy time' tonight after a long day with the naughty personality of Jayden's. (I've decided he's got several...kind of like Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Hyde) I thought I'd share a funny conversation we had tonight....

After dinner, Cory gave Jayden a bath and then came into the kitchen and this is how the conversation went:

Cory: "Jayden, give me a kiss so mommy can put you night-night"

Jayden as he is pointing to the sink: "Noooo, mommy do dishes! Daddy put me night-night!!"

Right about now, Cory is trying to hold in a laugh until he bursts into hysterics!

Me: "Jayden, let's get a few things straight. #1 - never tell your mother when to do the dishes (they were already done btw) #2 - I'll put you to bed whenever I want!"

A couple minutes later, Cory is putting Jayden to bed and I'm shaking my head at all the fun things yet to come in life!!!

2 comments:

Younger Family said...

I have to say this NEVER ends- I am quite sure my job in my kids' eyes or at least the twins- is resident maid and cook. Sometimes that entails a short-order cook(where is Brian when you need him)and others a gourmet chef. But probably the best explanation is that in Jayden's eyes- Daddy holds the key to his heart and Mommy is there to kiss his hurts better- and that is life to a 3-year-old.

Celeste said...

Such a cute story! Oh...and I tagged you!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.