Monday, September 22, 2008

Laramie, WY


This last weekend, Laurie and the kids finally made the move up to Laramie, WY. James has been up there for about a month with a new job and decided he likes it. They rented a small 3 bedroom house and will be up there for about 2 years...2 long years :(. Cory, Jayden and I rode up there Friday night to drop off the trailer with their stuff.


We didn't get there until 1:30 a.m., we had our usual fun with trips. Yes we ran out of gas again.. I know I know, I've heard it all. We also blew another tire out, it seems we have great luck with trailers and traveling. We slept in the living room on a mattress with the three of us, it was kind of fun sleeping next to Jayden (almost sleeping, he didn't close his eyes until 6 am I swear!) we don't let him in our bed so I liked to cuddle. We were so tired in the morning, Laurie came down stairs and whispered 'Good morning, you're still in hell!' We laughed!

I really had a hard time leaving her and the kids there, I kept asking 'Are you sure you don't want to just come home with us?' I'm sure it wasn't very supportive at all, but for purely selfish reasons. I love having Laurie close by, our boys have fun playing together and I'd like the option to stop by (she teases me because I hardly ever do, but at least I had a choice before!) I got to play with Alison in the morning, I kept telling her to remember my face. I made the twins swear to help their mom everyday and told Brynne & Harrison the same. I did really good until I started giving the kids a hug good-bye, by the time I got to Laurie, I couldn't even look at her I was crying. I didn't get to say all that I wanted, so I'll use my post as a second chance:

Laurie,

I know that home is where your heart is and your heart is where it should be, with James and the kids. You are such a strong woman, you're raising 5 kids and you do it with such success. I respect you so much and look up to you in so many ways. You and James have a wonderful relationship and it shows throughout your family. You are such a loving and caring mom, you always have the answer. Just when I think you're capable of no more, you amaze me again. You run errands with all of the kids and make it home in one piece. You have such support for your husband and have a 'can do' attitude. I'm so thankful you're my sister, I learn so much from you and you make me laugh. Your faith is incredible and you truly are an example for all of those who wish we had more. Blessings are endless with you and James near by. I love you so much and can't wait for your visits. Cory took our picture and said we have the same smile, you and I laughed and said we have the same laugh too! I'd like to add to that and say we have the same heart as well, because I always carry you in mine.

I love you lawrence of arabia,

Kimmie

2 comments:

Lindgren Family said...

Oh, that was really sweet. See that is why I always wished I had a sister. You are lucky to have 2! I am sure you guys will see each other quite a bit more than you think. Wyoming isn't too far for a weekend trip is it?

Lindgren Family said...

Oh, tell Laurie a perfect way to keep you updated on what is happening in their life is to start her own family blog!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.