Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Survived!

Today I overcame a hurdle I've been nervous for since starting in the Corporate Training Department, I presented in Manager's Meeting!
To give a little explanation, every month all of the managers of the credit union (approx 80) get together along with the Vice Presidents and sometimes the President (he wasn't there this time:) to discuss items regarding the Credit Union. My manager usually presents a Service topic for the rest of the managers to train to their employees for the month. I finally got my nerve up and asked to present the service topic this month!
I was so so nervous, but once I got up on stage it was fine! I was able to even add a little humor and made it through without stumbling too much.
Just another barrier broken through! I love pushing myself to be better and add something more each day and it feels good to have success, at least for today :)
It feels even better that my mom was there to see it, she has taught me so much about service and the importance of being the best at what you do...I only hope to be as half as good as her some day. (Love you Mom!)

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Butterfly Kisses" kit.